Repeat customers are a delight to have for any business owner, but there’s nothing quite like the satisfied look on a customer’s face after a fulfilling dining experience. Successful restaurants have to maintain a much higher standard than most other businesses, though, and keeping a sanitary environment is incredibly difficult in the foodservice industry. With all the crumbs, spills, and moisture that comes with a Fort Worth restaurant, you’d be hard-pressed to find one that hasn’t struggled with pests like cockroaches at some point, so how can you keep them away?
What Attracts Cockroaches To A Fort Worth Restaurant?
There are many things that can invite cockroaches into a Fort Worth restaurant, and sometimes it has nothing to do with the level of cleanliness of your establishment. These pests are sneaky, and they have been known to hitch a ride on occasion as well:
- Excessive moisture
- Stray crumbs and food spills
- Cluttered areas and cardboard boxes
- Cracks and holes in exterior walls, roof, and foundation
- Back door left open for extended periods of time
- Brought inside with delivered goods and packages
Cockroaches are resilient creatures and can live on the smallest of crumbs for months at a time. They didn’t get labeled the apocalypse bug for no reason, after all! Even though their capability to withstand a nuclear war is widely disputed among scientists, these pests can still handle some of the worst conditions, as long as they have reliable access to water.
How To Prevent A Cockroach Infestation In Your Fort Worth Restaurant
While cockroaches are incredibly tricky to keep out of a Fort Worth restaurant, they’re even worse to try to exterminate, so being proactive about prevention is really important. These methods might not completely guarantee a roach-free establishment, but no effort is too great to ensure your reputation and the safety of your customers:
- Inspect all faucets, pipes, and drains for leaks; repair as necessary
- Remove any standing water from your establishment
- Clean up any food and drink spills as quickly as possible
- Never leave any food out overnight
- Deep clean your restaurant regularly; be sure to clean under appliances such as fryers, grills, food warmers, stoves and ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum daily to keep food particles off the floor
- Make sure window screens and ventilation covers are completely intact
- Check the perimeter of your building for any cracks, holes, and gaps; common entry points are in the foundation, around pipes and wires, and loose shingles in the roof
- Don’t over-water any plants around the building, if applicable
- Make sure all trash is removed from the interior of the building at the end of the night, and that trash storage is well away from the building
Which Pest Control Company You Should Trust With Your Fort Worth Restaurant
Trying to decide which pest control company is the best fit for your restaurant can be a pain, especially when you don’t know where to start. There are so many pest control companies that claim to service businesses along with residential, but without the extensive knowledge it takes to understand the pest control needs of another company, a lot of places tend to fall flat. Thankfully though, you don’t have to keep searching.
Our pest control technicians at Delta One Pest Management solely specialize in commercial pest control, and with over 50 years of cumulative experience, we know exactly what your Fort Worth restaurant needs to keep pests like cockroaches away. We don’t just want to be the solution to your pest control problems; our company strives for complete satisfaction in both extermination and prevention, and we back every treatment with our pest-free guarantee. So get in contact with us today to start discussing your pest control options.