For those not in the know, rodents such as mice or rats may seem like a cute pet since theyre often found in pet stores. Plus, cartoons have gone a long way in making them seem adorable. However, the reality is much less pleasant.
Rodents that find ways to enter Houston businesses are actually potentially dangerous to the overall structure of the building. Even more concerning, they are also hazardous to the health of the customers and employees inside. Not only do rodents imply a sense of dirtiness for Houston businesses, but they also require the efforts of professional rodent control services since they reproduce quickly and frequently.
Immediate Negative Impacts
While many Texas pests can be a problem in the business world, rodents are in a class of their own. They affect employee morale and come with a stigma that will permanently damage the reputation of your business. Besides this obvious problem, there are three main negative impacts rodents have on Houston businesses:
- Hurts the bottom line : Without fail, if a customer notices a mouse or signs of mice while at your place of business, bad reviews and bad publicity is sure to follow. This immediately translates to lost revenue, and in some cases, a business can shut down for good.
- Excess property damage : Rodents chew everything and never stop. The incisors are in a permanent state of growth, which forces mice and rats to wear their teeth down by chewing on anything they can find. As such, everything from food packaging to the insulation behind your walls is fair game. If left unchecked for too long, the end result can be costly repairs for your Houston business.
- Numerous diseases : The absolute biggest impact rodents have is the impact on peoples health. Mice and rats both spread disease through their fur, droppings, and urine. Some of the most common diseases associated with rodent infestation include salmonella, rat-bite fever, and tularemia to name a few.
Keeping The Rodents Away
The easiest way to avoid a rodent problem is to take measures now that lower the possibility of rodents invading your Houston property. Mainly, rodents are in search of sustainable food and shelter. Therefore, it’s necessary to make your property as unappealing as possible by following these rodent prevention tips:
- Maintain minimum distance : More than likely, you have a dumpster at your place of business. Keep the dumpster and other similar items as far away from the building as can be justified. Rodents are known to hang out in dumpsters so maintaining distance from this favorite locale can only help.
- Watch the clutter : Mice along with other pests love when you leave trash and clutter all over the place. Its not only potential food but also serves as a viable hiding place and provides nesting materials. The more clutter that exists, the more likely rodents have invaded your building.
- Close things up : Rodents will take advantage of any gap, hole, crack, or other openings to find their way inside the building. By using a caulking gun or hiring professional services, you can close up these openings and prevent access. Keep in mind that mice can slip through a dime-sized hole, so be thorough in your sealing efforts.
- Take out the trash : Its not enough to put everything in the trashcan. You also need to take out the trash itself. Rodents love trash and will make themselves at home if its on the premises. Keep the trashcans sealed tightly and make sure the trash makes it to the dumpster in a timely manner.
Rodent Intervention Services with Delta 1 Pest Control
Sometimes, a little extra help is needed to effectively keep rodents away. Thats why we offer commercial pest control services that eliminate current pest problems and prevent them from returning in the future. We begin by providing a free quote. Then, we develop a customized plan to control all of your pest control problems so that you receive the results you need to keep your business clean and your reputation intact. At Delta 1 Pest Control we proudly serve Dallas, Fort Worth, and the surrounding areas of Texas.
Reach out to our friendly professionals at Delta 1 Pest Control today to speak with one of our agents about your commercial pest control options.